The Finom website (the 'Site') is a blockchain ecosystem holding company we own and operate, which enables individuals to access Finom products and services.
- We may ask you for, or you may submit, certain personal and non-personal information and data to us through the Site when you register or otherwise use the Site. This could include:
- name and address: to prevent fraud and to comply with anti-money laundering regulations and other applicable laws and regulations.
- bank account information: your sort code, account number and full name may be requested to refund late payments or verify your identity.
- proof of bank account information: anti-money laundering regulations require that refunds go to the account from which the funds were received.
- e-mail address: to contact you about Finom related issues, news, or to offer company related services.
- phone number: to contact you about matters requiring your urgent attention, to verify your identity and to provide other Finom services with your consent (such as text message notifications by the system).
- identification documents and photo proof: to comply with anti-money laundering regulations and other applicable laws and regulations.
- We may also record other information concerning your use of the Site or any content you submit to the Site ('Your Content').
- All information we hold will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used to:
- enable our compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- enable your use of the Site and associated services;
- open and run your account and provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service;
- process and make available Your Content to the Site;
- monitor the use of the Site;
- generally run and improve the Site.
- We may anonymise information about you (so that you cannot be identified from it by third parties) and provide that information to third parties to for the purposes marketing analysis or to market the Site.
- Your personal information may be transferred to destinations outside the European Economic Area and may be shared with trusted third parties to assist our operation of the Site.
- By submitting your information you agree to this use.
- We will only use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- When you get in contact with us (for example by email or instant messaging) we will keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference so we can provide services to you more efficiently.
- We might collect sensitive information about you but we will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
- If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that you think is incorrect, please contact us.
- Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- If you don't disable cookies the Site will ask for and store details including your name and email address, browser type, IP address and may automatically insert certain information on the subscription or Your Content forms so that you can use the Site with less form filling.
- We will retain this information for up to one year.
- We use the information derived from cookies to help us to optimise and improve the Site.
- We give you a choice of whether or not you want us or other companies to contact you about future offers, events, products and services you may be interested in.
- We might send you marketing emails about products or services which are similar to or related to the Site, or contact you by email with information about the Site. We will not send you any other marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
- If you provide information about a friend of yours as part of a referral of that friend to us, we will send your friend a single email about the Site and we will store their personal information to the minimum extent necessary. When you provide us with your friend's information, you are confirming that you have their consent to this use of their information. We will tell your friend that you provided their details when we contact them.
- If we share your personal information with other companies, those companies may contact you by email and they may be based inside or outside of the EEA.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may disclose personal information about you to other members of our group of companies or to trusted third parties.
- Your personal information may bedisclosed:
- if we buy or sell any businesses or assets;
- with a view to preventing fraud or reducing credit risk;
6. DATA RETENTION
- Some of your personal information may be used for fraud prevention, enforcing the Terms and Conditions and for compliance with anti-money laundering regulations. As such, depending on various factors (such as whether you have traded on the site or not) some of your personal data will need to be kept for at least one year. We will only hold your personal data, content (for example comments posted in public or private), trade history, coin addresses and other technical information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which that data was collected.
- If you follow a link from the Site to any third party websites, you should be aware that those websites may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check the policies of any third party websites before submitting any personal data to those websites.
- All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to us. We will try to respond to you within 48 hours.